The Maryland Out of School Time Network proudly serves as a statewide intermediary sponsor for AmeriCorps VISTA projects supporting more and better afterschool and summer programs for Maryland youth. Now in it's 6th year of programming, our AmeriCorps VISTA members serve as a catalyst for change, living and working alongside community members to advance local solutions. MOST VISTA members find creative and lasting solutions to build capacity for out of school time and youth development organizations working towards:
- Inspiring the future STEM workforce by engaging youth in high quality STEM learning opportunities
- Eliminating childhood hunger by increasing the number of meals served by OST programs and enriching those programs with quality nutrition/health education
- Supporting innovative projects that expand access, improve quality, facilitate collaboration, and create new initiatives for OST programs statewide.
For more information, please contact Andrew Neuman, VISTA Program Coordinator: email@example.com
"Being an AmeriCorps VISTA member seemed to be the perfect opportunity to become immersed in my local community and establish lasting cycles of transformation.
I am proud of being a catalyst in establishing relationships that will exist well beyond my AmeriCorps VISTA term of service and contribute to the long-term eradication of hunger among school-aged youth in Baltimore City."
- Phillip Clarke, former MOST VISTA member
- Modest living allowance paid every two weeks
- Generous leave time: 10 personal and 10 medical leave days; federal holidays and other leave recognized by service sites
- Enrollment in AmeriCorps VISTA Health Benefit Program
- Relocation allowance for new VISTAs moving over 50 miles to serve
- Childcare subsidy for qualifying VISTAs
- Ongoing training and professional development throughout year of service
- Choice of $5,815 education award or $1,200 cash stipend
- Non-competitive eligibility for federal employment for one year
- Relocation allowance to cover costs of returning to permanent residence after service
- Access to a national network of alumni
If you are interested in hosting a VISTA Project with MOST Fill out the form below: