An increasing body of research provides evidence that high quality afterschool and summer learning experiences have clear and positive impacts on youth outcomes.
- Baltimore Education Research Consortium (BERC): A consortium of institutions of higher education in partnership with Baltimore City Public Schools, BERC provides data analysis and research to inform approaches in education
- Higher Achievement: Produced a Gold Standard study on their programs' impact, including data from Higher Achievement Baltimore
- Afterschool Alliance - The Alliance has organized and synthesized published research on afterschool programs including short issue briefs as well as long publications.
- Harvard Family Research Project - OST is one of the keey subject areas in HFRP's searchable database
- National Institute on Out of School Time - NIOST bridges the world of research and practice and published the Afterschool Matters Journal
- The Achievement Gap is Real (Vandell, 2013)
- Afterschool Programs that Follow Evidence-Based Practices to Promote Social and Emotional Development Are Effective (Durlak & Weissberg, 2013)
- Expanding Minds and Opportunities Compendium (Peterson, 2013)